The Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon and miniMarathon course will include two states this year.
The modified in-person route will start and finish at Lynn Family Stadium and include the Big Four Bridge, Ohio River Greenway and parts of the Louisville Loop.
The route was changed so runners could participate on multiple days without having to close roads. The miniMarathon will take place from April 22 to April 25. The Marathon will take place on April 24.
Start times for the races will be staggered between 6:30 and 11:30 a.m. each day.
Other COVID-19 guidelines include:
- Temperature checks at the start
- Masks required at the start and finish line areas, as well as throughout the event venue. (Participants are allowed to remove masks while running the course.)
- Staggered start times that are pre-scheduled, to allow runners to socially distance.
- Self-start course, utilizing bib timing chips and timing mats so participants don’t have to wait in a corral.
- Course time limits for both miniMarathon & Marathon, to ensure social distancing.
- Self-serve water stops provided by Louisville Water Company.
- Participants encouraged to bring their own nutrition, as it is not able to be provided along the course due to COVID-19 precautions.
Virtual race options are also available.
For more information, click here.