LOUISVILLE, Ky. (DERBY CITY WEEKEND) - With the return of Thunder Over Louisville on April 23, Kentucky Derby Festival has officially released the lineup for the 2022 Air Show.
This year’s air show marks a full return for Thunder Over Louisville, after a show that took place in remote locations due to the pandemic in 2021.
The show will feature a salute to the 75th Anniversary of the United States Air Force and will feature both military and civilian aircraft, the Kentucky Derby Festival announced in a release.
A full lineup for the 2022 Air Show is listed below in alphabetical order:
- 123rd Special Tactics Squadron Parachute Team (Louisville ANG Base, KY)
- A-1 Skyraider (Warbird Heritage Foundation, Waukegan, IL)
- A-10C Thunderbolt II “Warthog” (107th FS, Selfridge ANG, MI)
- AC-130J Gunship (1st Special Operations Wing, Hurlburt Field, FL)
- Acemaker Airshows (T-33 Demo)
- B-2 Spirit (13th Bomb Squadron, Whiteman, MO)
- B-24 Liberator (“Diamond Lil,” Commemorative Air Force, Ft. Worth, TX)
- B-25 Mitchell (“Show Me,” Commemorative Air Force, Missouri Wing)
- B-29 Superfortress (“FiFi,” Commemorative Air Force, Ft. Worth TX)
- B-52 Stratofortress (93rd Bomb Squadron, Barksdale AFB, LA)
- World War Two Victory Formation (B-25, B-24, B-29 and P-51D)
- Boeing 767, UPS Airlines (Louisville IAP, KY)
- C-130J Super Hercules (Kentucky Air National Guard, Louisville ANG Base KY)
- C-17 Globemaster III (437th Airlift Wing, Charleston AFB, SC)
- Carbon Cub Float Plane (Bowman Field, Louisville, KY)
- CH-53 Sea Stallion (Helicopter Mine Countermeasures Squadron 14, Norfolk, NAS)
- Coleman Aerobatics (Taylorcraft, Bowman Field, Louisville, KY)
- CV-22 Osprey (Marine Tilt Rotor Squadron 204, New River, NC)
- F-15E Strike Eagle (4th Fighter Squadron, Seymour-Johnson AFB, NC)
- F-16 Viper (112th Fighter Squadron, Toledo OH)
- F-16 Viper (176th Fighter Squadron, Madison, WI)
- F-86 Sabre Demo (Warbird Heritage Foundation, Waukegan, IL)
- F-100 Super Sabre Demo (Ft. Wayne, IN)
- Growler Demonstration Team, E/F-18G Growler (Electronic Attack Squadron 129, Whidbey Island NAS)
- US Navy Legacy Flight (E/A-18G/F4U Corsair)
- KC-46 Pegasus (305th Air Mobility Wing, McGuire AFB, NJ)
- KC-135 Stratotanker (72nd Aerial Refueling Squadron, Grissom Air Reserve Base, IN)
- P-51D Aerobatics (“Swamp Fox,” Concorde, NC)
- Raptor Demonstration Team, F-22 Raptor (1st Fighter Wing, Langley AFB, VA)
- USAF Heritage Flight (F-22/P-51D Formation)
- T-38 Talon (9th Reconnaissance Squadron, Beale AFB, CA)
- UH-60 Blackhawk (8th Battalion, 229th Aviation Regiment, Ft. Knox KY)
- Younkin Airshows (Twin Beech Aerobatics Demo)
Thunder over Louisville, themed “The Legend Returns,” is set to begin at 10 a.m. with The Planes of Thunder Static Display at 10 a.m., followed by the Air Show and fireworks later in the evening.
More information can be found at the Kentucky Derby Festival website.
Copyright 2022 WAVE 3 News. All rights reserved.