QUINN BROWN | WAVE 3 News
The Big Four Bridge is lighting in Thunder colors all this week in honor of Thunder Over Louisville.
The fireworks celebration has become an annual rite of spring in Kentucky. Although it was canceled this year, the event sponsors are helping pay tribute to what would have been Thunder week.
Each night except for Wednesday, from Aug. 9-15, the lights on the Big Four Bridge will be lit in different colors in honor of Thunder of Louisville’s sponsors.
- Sunday, Aug. 9 – Red and gold for Caesar’s Southern Indiana (21-year sponsor)
- Monday, Aug. 10 – Blue and white for Ford Motor Company (9-year sponsor)
- Tuesday, Aug. 11 – Red, orange, yellow and blue for Louisville Muhammad Ali International Airport (2-year sponsor)
- Thursday, Aug. 13 – Gold and white for UPS (30-year sponsor)
- Friday, Aug. 14 – Green, white and blue for LG&E (14-year sponsor)
- Saturday, Aug. 15 – Teal and pink for the Kentucky Derby Festival