The annual BOWMANFEST returns to Bowman Field once again.
BOWMANFEST will feature rare vintage aircraft and warplanes from all over the United States, military vehicles and equipment, military memorabilia, along with past war educational exhibits.
New this year, the festival kicks off with a revamped race, the IPA 5K on the Runway. The racecourse is a fast, flat course that takes place almost entirely on the airfield. Runners will receive a commemorative medal and shirt along with a pancake breakfast, a beverage and admission to the main event with their registration. Also, $5 from each race entry will go to Kosair Charities and Home of the Innocents.
For the 5K, it’ll cost $33 for adults, $23 for kids under 15. There is also a free kid dash just before the race. Click here for more information, or to register.
There will also be a Bowman Bouncy Field, which includes more than two acres of inflatables and the Mighty Titans Adventure Run and the Boomin’ on Bowman after-party, a free concert taking place on the airfield Saturday evening. Additionally, a dedication of Kentucky’s first-ever “Rosie the Riveter” living rose garden.
On Saturday, October 5, gates open to the public at 10 a.m. and close at 6 p.m.
On Sunday, October 6, gates open to the public at 10 a.m. and close at 5 p.m.
Festival highlights include:
- 30 + Military and Civilian Airplanes
- Aircraft flyovers and air show maneuvers
- Vintage cars, motorcycles and military vehicles
- C-130 Hercules – Kentucky AirNational Guard, Over 50 years of continuous service for the US military. One of the largest aircraft to ever land at Bowman Field. Extremely rare opportunity to walk through and experience this special aircraft
- Military re-enactors and encampment
- Historic military and aviation exhibits
- Airplane Rides available for purchase in advance and onsite:
- The Ford Tri Motor
- TBM Avenger
- Waco Bi Plane
- WWII Beechcraft C-45
- Others Aircraft
- Discovery flights in Cessna 172’s and modern helicopters
- Four Roses Bourbon tastings and Educational Sessions, Craft Beer, and Food Trucks
LIVE Music including Ladies for Liberty and educational speakers throughout the weekend
NEW for 2019: The Bowman Bouncy Field, with an acre of inflatables and the Mighty Titans® Adventure Run available for kids
Local aviation group exhibits
The History of Bowman Field presentation by Charles Arrington
Live entertainment including Ladies for Liberty and educational speakers
Food Trucks, Craft Beer and Four Roses Bourbon
Local vendors and veteran groups
NEW for 2019: Boomin’ on Bowman free concert: Live music on the airfield Saturday night ($5 parking charge per car)