There will be a return to normalcy during this year’s Kentucky State Fair, but more planning is underway, which includes the need for contest entries. More than 5,000 blue ribbon entries are needed, and the winners will receive cash prizes!
There are 31 different competition departments in the festival, including culinary and antiques, livestock, homebrew beer, photography, and textiles, which are further divided into 7,000 classes.
The deadlines for submitting entries for each contest are below.
- General — July 8
- General (with late fee) — July 10
- Open and 4-H/FFA Youth Livestock — July 10
- Pigeon and Poultry — July 19
- Rabbit — July 19
- Open Livestock (with late fee) — July 25
- Extra Late Open Livestock (with late fee) — Aug. 3
To sign up for any of the competitions, click here.
The Kentucky State Fair will run from Aug. 19 to Aug. 29.