The Kentucky Derby is quickly approaching, which means Kentucky Derby Festival events are even closer.
This year, it’s going to include a lot of the usual events, but of course, things are still not completely the same as past years.
On Wednesday, KDF announced one way they are still trying to make sure people have a chance to make the most of this Derby season.
“This year’s different, as you all know,” KDF president Matt Gibson said. “We’re still able to give someone the experience of a lifetime.”
The ‘Derby City Enthusiast’ prize includes a lot of Louisville-centric pieces:
- a tour of Churchill Downs that includes a special gift from the Kentucky Derby Museum.
- a dinner and a cruise on the Belle of Louisville
- a two night stay at the Galt House with Dinner at Swizzle restaurant.
- a behind the scenes tour of Kern’s Kitchen/Derby Pie
- a guided helicopter tour over the city alongside KDF president Matt Gibson.
Gibson said it’s something he’s very excited to share, especially the helicopter tour.
“To be able to take someone around this fantastic city and give you a lot of insights to a legacy in this community and big economic generators, I can’t wait for that piece of this program,” Gibson said.
Here’s how to sign up: any non-winning ticket from the Kentucky Lottery game ‘Fast Play’ will serve as an entry as long as you’ve signed up on the Kentucky Lottery App or kylottery.com.
“Tickets purchased March 1 through April 10 will be eligible,” Kentucky Lottery president Mary Harville said. “All entries must be received by 11:59 EST on April 11, and we draw for the winner on April 13.”
The Derby City Enthusiast promotion can be found here on the lottery’s website.