Wilderness Trail Distillery, a premium craft distillery in Danville, Ky., has announced it will be joining the Kentucky Bourbon Trail. The distillery will become the 18th stop on the tour that highlights several popular bourbon businesses around Kentucky.
The distillery launched back in 2012 by co-owners Shane Baker and Pat Heist. The two have more than 20 years of experience in alcohol production, they decided to focus on creating their own brand of unique spirits.
“We are very excited to be joining the Kentucky Bourbon Trail after years on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail Craft Tour® for both our growth as well as the impact to our community,” Baker, Co-Owner and Master Distiller said.
With 18 stops in the state of Kentucky, tourists have a chance to try out products from multiple distilleries and learn about the culture and heritage of boubon in the state.
The full list of distilleries on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail include:
- Angel’s Envy, Louisville
- Bardstown Bourbon Company, Bardstown
- Bulleit Distilling Company, Shelbyville
- Evan Williams Bourbon Experience, Louisville
- Four Roses, Lawrenceburg and Cox’s Creek
- Heaven Hill Bourbon Heritage Center, Bardstown
- Jim Beam, Clermont and Louisville
- Lux Row Distillers, Bardstown
- Maker’s Mark, Loretto
- Michter’s at Fort Nelson, Louisville
- Old Forester Distillery, Louisville
- O.Z. Tyler, Owensboro
- Rabbit Hole, Louisville
- Stitzel-Weller, Louisville
- Town Branch, Lexington and Pikeville
- Wild Turkey, Lawrenceburg
- Woodford Reserve, Versailles
For more information, visit the Kentucky Bourbon Trail’s website.