The “World’s Largest Halloween Party” is gearing up to take over The Louisville Zoo.
For the 37th year, the Zoo will be transformed and children can dress up in fun costumes and meet some cool characters.
The event will be held October 4–7, 11–14, 18–21, & 25–28, 2018. Halloween Party guests can enter starting at 5 p.m.; last entry is at 8:30 p.m. Trick-or-treating is available for kids 11 and under.
In an effort to be environmentally friendly, the Zoo asks that children bring their own trick-or-treat bag to the event.
Donna O’Bryan’s pumpkin carvings will be on display in the Glacier Run Black Cat Crossing area.
“We are thrilled to support the Louisville Zoo and its wonderful Halloween tradition that everyone anticipates,” Cathy Cooper, Senior Director of Community and Corporate Giving for Meijer, said. “The World’s Largest Halloween Party epitomizes what we at Meijer value dearly – families and the communities we serve.”
Themed areas include:
- Mumpkin the Giant Talking Pumpkin
- Dance the night away at the Astro Disco
- Skip up the yellow brick road to the Land of Oz
- Dive Under the Sea and walk among jellyfish
- Have photos taken with prehistoric friends in Dinoland
- Enjoy a zany tea party with silly friends in Wonderland
- Take flight with your favorite fairy and never grow up in Pirate’s Cove
- Show off your superpowers in Superhero City
- Halloween and playtime mix when you visit Toyland
- Your favorite books come to life in Storybook Land
- Wander your way through a hay maze, gaze upon hundreds of hillside pumpkins and more!
While all of the main Party fun is included with regular Party admission, several other optional experiences will be available (special fees and some restrictions apply).
- “Not-So Itsy Bitsy” Spider House: ($2 per person)
Come view the intricate and beautiful webs these arachnids weave. This walk-through 1,000 sq. ft. spider house lets you stroll alongside the spiders and their webs. Take a guided tour and listen as we spin a story all about spiders.
- Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow tour ($2 per person)
- Spooktactular Carousel ($2 per person)
- Boo Choo-Choo Train ($5 per person)
- Kaman’s Handimals (starts at $10)
- Kaman’s Face Painting (starts at $9.49)
- Kaman’s photo packages (start at $14.99)
- Louisville Zoo Youth Board face painting and sand art ($1 – $4)
- Fun gift items at the Zoo’s gift shops; Louisville Zoo members get 10% off
- Themed snacks and beverages like Dippin’ Dots are available at concession stands; Louisville Zoo members get a 10% discount
Get your tickets here.